Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


Well there's Gaia in the pool last summer, but guess what its already that time of the year! Time for the pool to be open! :o)


So today we remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. I am remembering my grandma's cousin who died in Pearl Harbor, my grandpa who fought in World War 2 and Korea who has since passed away.


So yes the pool opened and I swear its a different world up there now. NOT KIDDING! Saturday I went up there and walked in and was looking for the sign-in paper and it wasn't there. So waited for some one to come over and give me the thing to sign in on or whatever. Well they now take your membership card and hold onto it until you leave. I am just like, ok what the heck ever! So yeah now thats routine to walk in hand them the card and go your merry way.


So Saturday I spent a good amount of time down there and basically I asked the manager that was up there if we could do whatever we wanted on the diving board and he said yes go ahead. Ok, well I did a flip and back dive before the shift change happen and then I did a back dive and the lifeguard was like nothing backwards. Ok, I can deal with that. So I did the flip and then she was like no flips either. Ok what the heck?! So the main manager was up there and so I asked her about it. I got it all explained by her.


So in the past 3 days I have done 3 flips and 2 back dives, but the manager said I could and it was ok with whoever was watching the water. I don't think I will be comfortable with doing it when I am there alone without the main manager being there, because she's the one that told me I could do them as long as like no one else was there, basically. I may've gotten that totally wrong, but I won't do them unless one of the three lifeguards that were there to hear that are there or she's there to OK it.


So today I literally spent 2 1/2 hours swimming in the pool not stopping! LOL The water was as cold as ever and it took me 30 minutes to get use to it basically! LOL One of the lifeguards that worked last year was there and I knew the other one also. :) So it was nice knowing them at least. LOL Even before I left, I was the last one in the pool and totally expecting her to get down off the stand and I went under and came back up and looked up and she was still there. I was like do you have to stay up there just me being in the water? Well thats changed since last year too! They don't get a break, apparently!

I feel for the ones who have worked there in the past years going up for their first shift this week.


So thats it. I have Pilates 4:30-5:15 tomorrow, so if I go swim, it will be toward 5:30 before I even go, or may go before and leave from there. Dunno, depends on the weather also! ;)

No comments: