Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ohio Trip


Gaia and Sadie...does it not look like they are literally kissing each other?! How cute is that?!

So Friday I had to be up with the chickens to go to Ohio to see Gaia's gymnastics performance. So as you know I am not a morning person and I hate getting up to travel somewhere! Ugh! So my parents said we would leave by 5:o0 or 5:30, well we didn't leave until 6:00! Go figure, even they can't get up on time! ;)

So the trip up there is always long. I slept some of the way, just to pass the time. I am really beginning to HATE going to Ohio just cause its a trip I know all too well in the car and its LONG! I miss living there sometimes for that simple reason!

So Friday we picked Gaia up from her after-school place and what are the odds of her being soaked head to toe the day we pick her up?! LOL Luckily my mom had some dry clothes for her put on. Ah, the joys of having a 7 year old as a niece. ;) She gets in the car and immediately askes for her movie, which is always Charmed. So that kept her entertained, if you know what I mean.


So got Gaia a pair of dry shoes and went over to see my brother. We then went over to my aunt's to drop Sadie off and finally see the new puppy, Angel. This puppy is so adorable! Poor Sadie wanted absolutely nothing to do with her. Its like dog, only if you knew what you were like when you were that age! LOL Gaia had a great time playing with Angel, too. :)


So after all of that, we went to our favorite pizza place in Columbus. :Rolls Eyes: Its the only thing I swear my parents go to Ohio for anymore, minus visiting family. ;) My mom's sister and her husband (aunt and uncle) met us over there for dinner. My aunt is hilarious, she's trying to talk my mom into taking me to American Girl Place for my 30th birthday. :rolls eyes: I love my Samantha and Nellie, don't need to see the store, those two don't even exist there anymore. So dinner was great.


Saturday morning my wake-up call was Angel's howling for being put into her cage while my aunt was taking her shower. 6:30am! Lovely! So we met my parents, brother, brother's g/f, grandma, and niece over at Bob Evan's in Hilliard. Great way to start the day. I love eatting there for breakfast. Gaia had to be at her thing before noon to get her leotard on and such. Well I took the time and fixed her hair the "special" way for performances and ugh, her mother took it out and did it her way. That just pissed me off. She told Gaia to tell me that it was coming out, well no it wasn't you made it came out!

So anyways, this was all at my old gymnastics place. Even one of my old coaches was still coaching there, had coached Gaia also. =o) So this was all about Gaia showing off and the other kids also what they basically had learned over the year. =) I remember taking part in this every year that I went there. So first Gaia was on bars, she had problems. My dad was like "Well we may not have a future gymnast." I sat back and was like well she could be like me and bars will be her worst event! ;) Floor was next, she amazed me getting her legs all the way up in her handstand! Then came Vault, and she can run!!!!!!!! She did her little thing completely on her own. :) Balance Beam was last, and she did really well still! =o) She did a handstand on beam, and I stood there and was like I can't remember being able to do that early on. LOL

So after everyone was done, they had demonstrations on all the events from the girls that are the competition level. Then the owner and his daughter did this skit, I got it on video for Gaia to remember it by mostly. So after that it was the awards presentation. And so each kid got a trophy and a medal. I forgot to mention a little girl in Gaia's group had broke both of her arms at some point and had a pink and purple cast on both arms and she was cordinated with the colors with her leotard. :)


So afterwards, I wanted to go find my old coach, just to say hi and such. I didn't want to go by myself and Elise nor her brother would come with me. LOL So I walked up like I was going to leave and saw her and waited for her to get a moment where she wasn't doing anything. The whole time I was thinking about what to say! LOL Well go ahead and throw the thoughts that came to mind out the window, when she saw me, she remembered who I was. Which was shocking to me, because it has been 12-13 years since I saw her, been in that gym, etc! It was just shockinly over-welming in a sense. =o) It was great, though. The owner remembered me after he heard my name and put it to my face. ;) His daughter and I took classes together also, who was there too. ;) Meghan didn't even look like the Meghan I knew back then. It was shocking to hear to about Jamie's daugther's and how old they are now. They were little-little when I was there. I told her too that my niece was now taking lessons there and its like yeah she's taking after her aunt. ;) LOL I finally got Gaia to come over to me, and was like this was my coach when I came here. Her eyes were as big as saucers when she heard that and put a face to it. LOL It was that look of, "Oh, ok. That makes you really old!" LOL Its like too, you were lucky Gaia you got a trophy and a medal, all we got back then were ribbons and a certificate! Only got the medal and trophies when you competed! hahaha

So Saturday we spent the rest of the day doing various things, went for ice cream and ate a late lunch and such. Sunday we headed home. So that was the weekend! I am going back June 10th. :o)

No comments: