Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am happy to say I was a gymnast!


THERE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE SEASON 8 OF DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud at the moment to say I was once a gymnast. I did dance for maybe a year of my life, 2 at the most, but my love was in gymnastics.


At the 2008 Olympics Shawn flipped her way into the medal stands in Beijing including a gold medal on the balance beam and a silver in the all-around. She took her talents to the dance floor becoming the youngest competitor on the show.


Partnered with Mark Ballas, who won his first time with another Olympic Champion in my OTHER favorite sport, Kristi Yamaguchi, I knew from the start Shawn would make it to the finals and the top 2. When I saw her name on the list I told my dad that she was going to win it! I just knew! I knew it with Kristi! LOL


The past 11 weeks watching her make it to the next round time after time, the past 2 nights were the longest and the not knowing. When it came to eliminate one of the final 3, I kept saying over and over anyone but Shawn....and jumped up and down when she was in the final 2! I ran upstairs and told my parents TOLD YA SO! LOL Even though they were still saying Gillio was going to win it. Hah!


I was thrilled to DEATH when Shawn and Mark were called as the champions and I knew she was going to do it! Less than 1% was the difference between her and Gillio! All I can say is wow there, but when I heard that, I knew Shawn was the winner. Something told me right then and there. ;)


Congrats Shawn and Mark!

No comments: