Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July! That's a picture from last year of the fireworks. :)

So other than going to watch fireworks and swimming, nothing going on here. My parents went to the beach for the day, which I swear is stupid! :rolls eyes:

I realized something though yesterday. A little kid was in the 4ft area of the pool, he was there with a group of people that consisted of his parents and cousins and such. Our pool you can easily go from having your head above the water to not. And for a kid, that scares them to death. Well I was in the shallow end, but not near where this little boy was, but I came up and the thing I saw was the lifeguard jumping down off the stand and into the water. As I turned to see what was going on, this little boy was flailing his arms and my heart just jumped to my throat. It scared me to think it takes a split second and a kid can be under water. It made me think about Gaia's upcoming visit, and I know she can swim, but it could've easily been her. It could be her one day and that little event made me think how quickly a kid could drown.

I've been in that little boys situation before. I have heard the story so many times, but I jumped in the deep end when I was 3 and couldn't come up. But just like this little boy's mom did, my parents made sure I got back in and wasn't scared. Usually an event like that will scar a kid, but its one thing you have to do in that situation.

So a week from now, Gaia will be here visiting. Scary to think, huh?! ;) I am looking forward to it, but hoping the weather doesn't interfere and we are stuck inside the entire time. ;) hahaha


Stay safe tonight. Later!

No comments: