Tuesday, December 2, 2008

As if it can't get any worse...


My aunt thinks its hilarious that KoKo likes to chew on my hair, well I don't think it is! Look at that ever so innocent face, NOT!

Ok as if the situation here could get any worse, it has hit rock bottom in that sense!

Lets go back to last night, the viewing lasted 2 hours or something like that. I was NOT expecting to go, but I decided to go and be there. I was shocked to see the casket was open, it was scary for me to see that. I didn't see my grandpa laying in his casket and it was shocking. I said over and over that I wasn't going to up and see her. But I saw her daughter up there and I wanted to go say something to her and finally looked down and she looked so peaceful and wasn't struggling anymore. The family seemed really at peace with everything, it was nice.

Well fast-forward to today, this morning before we headed to Grandma Lay's house, my aunt got a call about Grandma Lay's cousin (who's her age or older) saying that he didn't come home last night. I was sitting there like, are you for real?! I was like this is all we need on top of what is already going on! So we all waited to see if he would show up at the funeral or back at the dinner gathering, neither happened. So we aren't sure of what's going on there. :(

So we had the family gathering back at Grandma Lay's house and it was good to see everyone again and the mood was so upbeat. It was great, we were laughing and smiling. You could feel the sadness in everyone, but it was a celebration at the end. The food took forever to get to the house, but it was good what the church brought over. =o)

So after my uncle's aunt's family left, it was just Grandma Lay, her 2 sons, daughter and in-law's and me there. So it turned into a conversation about the plants that people sent to the funeral home and such. It turned into a arguement over a plant that Debbie's friend had sent to the home for my uncle's mom and she wanted nothing to do with it! She wanted to throw it out! My aunt later told me that when they go to the burial site, she commented to her sister's daughter that it wasn't the correct plot! Its like oh thats the correct thing to say to some one who's burying their mother! Lets just say, the evil twin came out of Grandma Lay today and there was no reasoning with her.

What a day, weekend, week it has been! I hope the next few days turn into better ones, because I can't handle many more of these! Ugh...

No comments: