Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ok was I this bad back in 1996?!

Ok I forgot to post, we stopped at the mall in Charlotte on the way home. I knew that Nastia Liukin was there signing autographs from 5-7pm, but I wasn't really going to stop in and see it all. We got there as it began and already the lines were long. But you had to purchase either this t-shirt or pair of pants, so I got Gaia (my niece and a lil gymnast) a shirt and my mom got me one to have signed for x-mas.


Well I was standing in line with a bunch of kids/teenagers and a few adults waiting to get autographs and these kids were gaga over Nastia. I was standing there like, my gosh the team didn't even win the gold medal, but watching how excited these kids were, made me think back to when I met the members of the 1996 Olympic team. I talked to one of the moms that was there with her daughter and friend and I was like these kids weren't even around when the Mag 7 were big!


It made me think back to when I first met the members of the 96 Olympic team, began with Amanda Borden and Jaycie Phelps, who were both from Cincinnati, Ohio. Still remember them coming to my gym and then down the road I met the other 5 team members. I was 15 years old, but I was alot like those kids in the department store! And these kids were younger than me back when I was all gaga about a gold medallist in the sport! LOL =)


Nastia was really sweet. I didn't know what to say other than hi and thank you. ;) She personalized Gaia's shirt for me, which was great cause that will tickle my niece. Like when I met Carly Patterson, all I could think of was hi, congrats on your gold medal and thank you for the autograph! LOL You would've thought I met Bradd Pitt or something! LOL


No I didn't have my camera, so I don't have any pictures. I will take a picture of the shirts, I'm not going to be wearing mine! Hell I can't fit into it! Its a Child's XL I think, I have no clue! LOL

No comments: