Saturday, November 29, 2008

In Gastonia for 2 weeks....


Little KoKo isn't so little anymore! There he is this morning sticking his tongue out at me. ;)

So Wednesday we got here for Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents house. Last year we went to Ohio and this year we had the dinner that is typical for us. ;) Turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie, candy yams, deviled eggs, chocolate pie....shoot me if I forgot something, but it was all really really really good! :)

This week my uncle's 91 year old aunt was moved to Hospice care after being in the hospital for 2 weeks. She had so much going on and could no long take dailysis and so they moved her there to die. She was doing ok through Thanksgiving and then on Friday morning my aunt got a call from the aunt's daughter stating that she's calling the family in that the doctor doesn't expect her to live through the day. So my aunt and I scrambled to get dressed to go pick up Grandma Lay and break the news to her. We rushed to get her and she knew something was up, hell we picked her up at the beauty shop! So we had a quick lunch and headed to the hospice and we were cutting jokes left and right down the hall all the way till we got to the room. My mind did a 360 and went back to my grandpa and how he was in his final weeks and seeing some one die like that was too much for me. I had met my uncle's aunt a few times, but it really hit hard walking in. So we sat up there all day, I mean all day! Finally at 5:00 or so we headed home to check on KoKo and I was like I am stayin ther and not coming back. So Debbie and Charlie went back up and came home after a few more hours and his aunt was still alive. This morning she passed away at 9:30am.

So with all of the drama going on at the moment there was a happy note. My friend had her daughter last night around 9:00pm, I am not sure of the time. She joked about she would call and report the birth and I would get the call that my uncle's aunt passed, BUT it didn't happen that way. Alexis Deora weighed 4lb 1oz and 17.75 inches long...early but she's doing great. :)


That's it for the time. What a rough few days it has been. I am babysitting KoKo at the moment and waiting for my grandparents to bring over some more left-overs and peanut butter brownies....yum! TTYL! Keep my uncle's family in your prayers.

No comments: