Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008....



Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah!

There's Gaia with the Pezz candy she got from me for part of her Christmas. She wasn't an angel this go around, I can tell you that.

So the trip to Ohio began on Sunday and when we left NC it was 60 degrees and by the time we got to Ohio it was 10 with -30 to -40 below wind chills that night! I'm not kidding! So we went out to dinner and met up with my mom's sister and her family for pizza at our favorite pizza/sub place in Columbus. =) I can say now that Bella (Gaia's cousin) and Gaia are the same height just about. Gaia I think is 4ft tall now. =O

So Monday it didn't even make it to 20 and it was really windy out. Tuesday we finished up whatever shopping anyone had to do. I took Gaia to build a bear for part of her x-mas present and I told her she had 6 choices of what bear/animal she could make, because I was planning to pay for it. Well she picked out a $25 bear and I told my mom that she had to choose something else or she was paying for it! Well my mom wound up paying for it! I made the little koala bear. (I know Marci's going to kill me when she reads that part) So then on the way out of the store, I told Gaia she had to carry her bear. Well she threw a fit over that and I wasn't PUTTING UP WITH IT! I was like carry it or I am taking the bear back! Ugh! Make a long story short, she got her way about carrying the damn thing. So after the mall we went back to my great-aunts house for a gathering of 6 of the great-grandkids and they had a small party for them. So after that we went to Target so Gaia could do the rest of her shopping. Well by this time the weather was icy out and getting worse by the minute, but we were out of time. Never-ever let a 7 y/o shop for you. She picked out some of the goofiest looking clothes and some great pairs also. It was funny! She spent an hour or more in the wrapping department alone. UGH! Get this, she didn't wrap the presents, she just put them in boxes. What a waste of money and time!

Christmas Eve; I woke up with a really bad earache and I took a shower and thought it was just drainage from the night before, well the shower didn't help and it wasn't going away. So I called my mom and said I needed to go a Urgent Care that I thought I was getting an ear infection. Well after sitting in the waiting room for probably over an hour or so, they told me that I have a sinus infection. The ear pain was caused by the part of your ear that pops like when you are driving through the mountains or on an airplane was inflamed from the drainage. NICE! So then gotta find a drug store thats open and it took an hour to get the prescription filled. To top that all off, my insurance didn't cover the nasal spray he prescribed, so I just got the antibiotic filled and bought mucinex which he prescribed too, but you can get that over-the-counter.

So Christmas Eve is when we do Christmas. We usually have a big dinner at my aunt's house in Charlotte and its been FOREVER since we have been in Ohio for it. We had sandwhiches for dinner. I am use to turkey or ham for Christmas dinner. =( I really missed NC at that point. So after dinner we did presents and I got $50 from my great-aunt and a nice blanket from my grandma. =) So after that we went back to my brother's for the rest of the gifts. My first gift was my cell phone, the Pantech Matrix which has a keyboard, its easier to text with it. That I know wasn't cheap! LOL So I got a Wii Fit (well I got a cover for it in Ohio, came home to the Wii Fit), 2 Wii Games (Carnival Games & Cooking Mama), 3 DVD's (ST:TNG Complete Series, When We Left Earth: Nasa Missions & Sleeping Beauty), $25 from my aunt and uncle, $50 from my grandparents (already had it), 3 books (The Year of Fog, Dewey & Tales of Beedle the Bard), a digital photo keychain like thing, Bath and Body Works, Calendars, Sudoku for a Year, PJs, socks...there were some other things too. My brother got a computer and screen, coffee maker and a bunch of other things. Gaia her main thing was a cooking set and other crap.


Christmas Day woke up and my ear wasn't throbbing anymore! Went to my brother's and spent the remainder of the visit there. Gaia and mom made Monkey Bread for breakfast and it was really good! The gross part was that Gaia ate the biscuit dough raw and ugh that is disgusting! So Sadie opened the rest of her presents and we played a little bit on the Wii. Gaia's mom was about to get there at anytime, and so my brother was trying to get Gaia out the door. Well Gaia got mad and swung the remote back and wacked my brother in the balls! Which the spoiled brat got in trouble for and brought on the crocodile tears. So she left crying and my brother said it got worse as her mom walked up. What we wanted to see happen right before leaving. So we dropped my brother off at Elise's parents house and headed home to NC.

Remind you driving on X-Mas Day nothing is open. We found an Arby's that was open and thats where we got our dinner, LOL. Got home before midnight last night. I got my stuff unpacked and played with the Wii Fit and headed to bed.


Today I am relaxing and haven't even gotten a shower. So I am off here to do that least today. ;) Bye!

No comments: