Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tornado Party Anyone?!

Last night's story is so long....so this post will be fun to read!


My friend Annie and I decided to hang out just and do stuff together. She came and got me at about 5:15 and we headed over to her place. She moved into a new place and I met her roommate, Jen and one of their other friends, Michelle came over too.


Jen has got the cutest cat alive, his name is Willy Wonka. He's such an attention hog! He will come and put his butt in your face and want you to pet him. He starts purring the second you start. Its so cute! I can't forget Annie's cat, Carma....she's as cute as ever. ;)


So we were sitting out on the back porch talking and there was lightning going through the sky and the wind started to pick up. Its like oh its just going to storm, nothing big. Annie and Jen don't have internet or cable yet, so we were just watching the sky. We were sitting in the living room and talking and all of the sudden the tornado siren went off. It was the first time I had heard the stupid thing in years! It ran its course and went off. Well it was just doing some lightning and thunder you could hear and the wind was starting to pick up. The tornado siren came on again and I went out on the front porch and took video with my camera so people back home and my parents could hear it. Still just a little bit of thunder and lightning and wind, nothing too too bad. So Michelle called her roommate to check on her and see what was going on and she said that a funnel cloud had been sighted just down the street from where we were! That was the end of it, we grabbed the cats and stuff and ran to the basement.


It was midnight and after by this time. I was on the phone calling family and friends that live here and made sure they were aware of what was going on. It quickly passed, the warning, but we stayed in the basement until 1:30 or so just talking. So it started to calm down from the first storm and so we said good night and my friend and I stayed up watching a movie. Halloween to be exact and that in the middle of the night, ugh talk about nightmares! HAH! The storms went on until I fell asleep which was sometime after 4.


So today Annie and I hung out and did stuff together. We were going to the water park today, but decided not to go. My feet are still torn up from Kings Island and I can't take walking on cement. So there's the past 2 days basically. HAH!

No comments: