Saturday, April 5, 2008

Very noisy night ;)


Doesn't Saide's face say it all about what we had last night? At one point she was hidden under all the blankets on my bed to hide from the noise and sights.

Well yesterday it turned out to be a nice day. The sun came out and I spent some time outside taking pictures with my new camera. ;) I got some really cool ones of the flowers blooming in the garden. It was warm too, about 75 outside I'd say.

Went to dinner with the rents and then ran to the grocery store. But being the blonde I am, I forgot stuff! UGH TO THAT! :( Oh well, I will go get it at some point. In the car coming home, we were stopped at a stop light and I saw lightning strike through the sky and I was like oh man we are in for a long night. Got back into the neighborhood and it was still doing that and then the thunder started up. I called my aunt to see how they were doing and they were doing well. But I only talked to her for a few minutes before it started to get really bad.


The storms were crazy last night! I was reading the paper in the kitchen, with Sadie right on my lap because of the bad weather. Then the rain/hail/wind started pounding against the windows and it was almost like a tornadic type wind, I mean it was worse than 3 weeks ago when we had a confirmed tornado around here. I wasn't going to sit in the kitchen, so I took Sadie downstairs and turned on the TV so it would help tune out the noise. Not long after that the power went out and it was just like great! So the power was out for over an hour and I called the power company and they said it would be restored at 1:00am! So finally it did come back on and it had seemed like the storms were dying down, NOT! It was like it went in a huge circle or something. It finally quit at like midnight and Sadie had to go potty and I let her out and she went back upstairs. That wasn't the end of the damn things either, it came back an hour later, but I fell asleep!

Thats all that has been going on. I have been doing laundry all day today and cleaning up. Marci, sweetie I am sorry about what's going on with you. I hope that woman will turn her story around for you. You weren't stern, to me, if that was the voice you used. Keep your chin up! :hugs:

No comments: