Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 3 ---- A Day At The Zoo

Hello!

What a day! We decided to go to the NC Zoo, which we had been to before, but its huge and its like a 2 day trip it seems. We did the Africa side this time, we got through it and was going to go to the America side, but they were closing in less than an hour by the time we got done and so we came home. I got some great pictures of the animals. The elephants were putting on a cute little show, and it was fun to watch. To the left is a picture of Gaia and my brother by the chimpanzee exhibit.

While we were at the zoo, I called to see how my grandpa's surgery was going and if he was done. Well at the time I called, he had just gone back. But I got some news from my aunt that I wasn't expecting. Her 14 y/o cocker spaniel has been deteriating over the past few months since he was diagnosed with cancer, and we had all thought he was getting better. Well he's now down to under 20lb, which is less than my own dog and his breed weighs 32-34 pounds. So they are going to put him to sleep sometime this weekend. She promised it wouldn't be on my birthday, which is Friday, but I am glad they told me now and not later. :o( No matter how long you know a death is coming, it is still hard. Made me hug my own dog a little closer.

Well tonight we'd pretty much had left-overs for dinner. I had a sub, everyone else had whatever. Gaia got all mad because her dad wouldn't let her watch Charmed, but I found 2 movies that had something to do with witches and she has seemed to like them so far. We have finished one, and watching the second. We shall see how long she gets to stay up tonight, only time will tell how her mood goes. She has been a bit whiny today and lying too, but what else is new there. She is kind of acting like she's 2 or 3 instead of 6 lately. ;)

Update: Gaia is now riding her bike wtihout training wheels!!!!!!!!!!! What a huge step for her. She has her balance down, but she has to learn to take off and break on her own. ;) I am so proud of her.

No comments: