Monday, May 19, 2008

Very Interesting Segment on GMA Today...


Ok, not like I want to post my life story online, but this is an exception.

When I was a kid (2-4 years old) I was speech delayed and they thought I had Autism, but it was more of like the features of it. So therapy began at 3 years old. The other part was I had migranial type headaches that would come on at any point in any day for 2 years and I suffered a grand-mal seizure when I was 4 years old which seemed to end it all for me, thankfully.

On GMA this morning they interviewed 2 families who had children that were diagnosed with Austism. They were both speech-delayed and also I guess instead of the headaches like I had, it was they would stare off into space. All seizures are different, I call these kind silent seizures. So their neurologist did a CT Scan and found that they were having seizure activity and put them on anti-seizure medication and it ended. (One was 2 or 3 and one was 7) It wasn't Autism, but whatever this disorder is called. (they didn't have a name for it, but I would love to know if it does)

My mom brought it to my attention and she agreed that it was identical to what I went through. Its like I finally have an explanation for it, and if I was a kid today, they would've been able to probably had stop the grand-mal. I say if you know a child with Autism or your own child has it, have your doctor run a CT scan to rule this out.

Anyways there's my post! GO KRISTI! VOTE FOR KRISTI FOR CHAMPION OF DANCING WITH THE STARS! :) I will post about that tomorrow or Wednesday. ;)

No comments: