Saturday, April 24, 2010

90 days ago.....



Ther is a song from "Wicked" that has the words "I've been changed for good," in it. 90 days ago, when I started counting down the days until my turn to see this awesome musical, I never thought I would be as "involved" as I have become. ;)


A year ago, I knew Wicked was coming to DPAC and waited for months before they announced the dates. Come January, ordered tickets and then the search for which touring company I was seeing came about and searching for which group was which, in the back of my mind I was hoping for tour #2, but didn't care. And now I am thrillified I am going to be seeing the 2nd tour for so many reasons. I am going to see the 1st tour in August, and looking forward to that too. =D


I saw a link about a Wicked auction for Haiti and thats how my whole wild journey began! From going from not being able to get in touch with the person running to finally getting that taken care of, those 2 weeks were stressful in a sense, but showed that the group on this tour is genuine and they pitch in to help if needed. :)


This week the tour hit Durham, NC! (FINALLY) On Wednesday I opened the mailbox to find a very familar looking envelope and was very shocked and thrilled to see it there. Erin Wilson, the one who ran the Haiti auction and who has been so sweet to me over the past 4 months, had sent me a signed playbill from the 2nd tour! I had sent her a package and I wasn't expecting anything back. I was totally surprised and it is a very much treasured item of mine.


The days are steaming by and May 4th is getting closer. :) I am so excited to see the tour and hope to meet the new faces. =D


PLEASE NOTE: I did not ask for the signed playbill. If you want to get a playbill signed, please go see the show and head to the stage door. The cast of Wicked will usually come out after each show. Please do not ask me how to get one, because I do not know! Thanks!

No comments: