Sunday, July 13, 2008

In Gastonia!


Thats a picture from the 4th of July fireworks from the dam in Seven Lakes. See the reflection on the water?

Ok so what has been going on since I got home? Not that much! Other than I can never remember to update this stupid thing!

So this weekend, is a post in its self. Initially my mom and I were going to meet my aunt over in Charlotte and spend the day and shop and then I would come back here. Well then my uncle called my aunt and uncle and said why don't you come over and spend the weekend at our house. Well ok, sounds good. So my aunt was like you and I will hang out at the pool while the boys go out fishing. Well that never happened! She went with them and my mom and I were just stuck doing whatever. I was so upset and mad. So my mom and I were like screw you all, we are going to go do our own thing and went to lunch and did some shopping.

I went down to the pool at about 3:00 and swam out the anger and such. (literally) So my aunt, uncle and cousin came down about 5:15 and while it was nice, at that point I was like I don't want to see you all at all. Ya know, but I was able to show my cousin my flip and such. We had a good time together. Hah! Before I forget, Jen is still trying to teach my the butterfly stroke, and HAH not going to happen! I am deathly afraid of that stroke and think I am going to drown everytime I try it.

So this morning, my aunt and uncle called and said they were going to come over to the house. I finished packing and got dressed and at that moment I still wasn't sure I was going to come to Gastonia. So they came over and I am glad to say that my first tomato turned red enough to be picked and so my aunt got the first tomato as promised. So she said make sure you have your bathing suit, because we are going out on the boat and going swimming. The important part was that she apologized for yesterday and she was sort of in tears about it.

So anyways, we went back to my aunt and uncle's house who live in Seven Lakes and were celebrating my aunt's 60th birthday. We found this cute card that was about a cat being in your face every morning, and that's how their cat is. The cat sound on the inside of the card even sounded like their cat's meow. So after opening cards and presents we went out on the boat. I am not big about going out to the lake, but enjoyed myself the hour or so we were out there. :)


So finally at about 4:00 or so we left for Gastonia. We ran into a huge ass storm coming into Charlotte, but other than that it was a quick/boring ride. So off to Carowinds on Wednesday. YAY! :o) TTYL!

No comments: