Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wicked in Charlotte!

< stage view in Charlotte. :) Just about the same as Durham, except on the other side and up a level. ;)


Well another 2 hour drive to see Wicked and was it worth it? Hmmm Duh! YES IT WAS! :o) Nice part has been spending time with my grandparents and aunt and uncle that live over here. After all the crap going on with my grandpa, its nice to see and hear that he's been having good days since I've been here. :o)


So going back to Thursday, we went to the matinee, which meant having to leave here before noon. We ate at Olive Garden, I had just some pasta with butter. I was hungry, but not for Olive Garden really, but that was the closest thing to the theater. ;) More funny, I saw a family there that were sitting behind us at the show. ;) hahaha


So arriving at the theater, its nothing like DPAC. There is no parking deck, the parking lot actually is located where the cast comes out after the show. Which made finding the stage door really easy! ;) Minus the person I asked tried to tell me there were 2 locations they could come out, never did find that other door. ;)


Again it was Vicki Noon and Natalie Daradich for the leads. :) Full cast as its called. ;) The whole cast over-all was better than when they were in Durham. Whatever plagued Vicki in Durham, seemed to be gone! She was just awesome! There is no other word to describe her Elphaba on Thursday. Natalie was equally strong and adorable in her role as Glinda. I absolutely love her Popular. =D Again the entire cast was amazing. :) I can't say it enough.


The stage door was once again a very fun experience. I swear I was the only one out there that knew who any of them were! LOL The family that sat behind us, the little girl is a huge fan of Glinda and I told her before the show that I knew a way that she could meet Glinda after the show, and it was cute she wasn't sure Natalie was Glinda cause she's brunette under the wig. ;) Gotta love kids reactions when they see the cast out of costume. ;) Vicki came out with her hair still pinned and with the wig cap on, which I had never seen before. Of course all the shows I had been to were night shows and not a matinee until this one. ;) Met the same 3 from Durham (Vicki Natalie and Erin) and then 3 new ones. :) (Michelle London, Jenn Furman & Chris Peluso) I should say I saw most of the cast come out. ;) I saw Marilyn Caskey who plays Madame Morrible and Christine Dwyer who's the Elphaba u/s, plus many others. :)


Well that's it! It all came to an end so soon, but looking forward to seeing the 1st tour this summer! :)

No comments: