Thursday, December 3, 2009

I love/hate this time of the year! :(



Sadie at my grandparents house on Thanksgiving day.

I am beginning to HATE this time of the year. I just hate it because of all the spending you do on other people. For me its stuff that I think they will like but they will probably never will use!

A few years ago I made these little boxes for all the girls in the family. (aunt's, mom and grandma) Well I know 2 of them are sitting in a closet and never have been out or used. Its like did you not see the meaning of it?! My grandma has her's in her kitchen because her was a recipe holder. I know she uses her and I smile each time I walk by it. Cause its something I took the time to sit down and make.


So this year, what was my idea again was to make my gifts. Well I was going to knit these little dish cloths, but again I doubt they will ever be used! They will be stuffed away in a drawer! :rolls eyes: I am making reed diffusers instead, cause its something I KNOW people will have sitting out and such.


So what's the problem? Oh my mother wants to put her touch on it! She picked the damn scent, I wanted lavendar she got lemon bermena (sp?)! I wanted heart shape glass containers, she got the diamond shape, what she wanted! Then all these other little touches that I would've never thought of! Its like people will look at this and I think they will think it was her idea, she did it and my name is on it!


I am out of time to do the dish cloths and for one thing I have no clue where the stupid book is that has the patterns! ARG!

I just hate that my ideas become her new project and has to put a damn spin on everything! :rolls eyes:

So thats my vent. I can't wait to get out of this house for a good while, man! Seriously!


Marci your package got mailed today. :) Don't open till next week when Hanukkah starts. :D



No comments: