Monday, November 21, 2011

A Book Review --- Unnaturally Green By: Felicia Ricci



Yeah I know what you are thinking, it's all about some girl who was in the musical Wicked and I don't care for musical theater or anything of that sort. Well this book isn't like any other one you will read in the memoir department.

I began reading her blog "Unnaturally Green" in March of 2010 and was thrilled when she announced she was putting all of this into a book. After 3 very long weeks of waiting for my copy to come in the mail (and if the book could literally talk; it would've had its own story to tell about getting to me) it was a book I couldn't put down and finished in 3 days! I actually fell asleep reading it the first night.

The book takes you on Felicia's journey of auditioning for the lead role in the mega-hit musical Wicked to the closing night in San Francisco and what the future may hold for this talented young lady. From her first memorable flight in "Defying Gravity" until the curtain came down the final time. You will laugh, you will cry, but you will mostly laugh while reading this. There was a particular part in the book that touched me deeply and probably the most tearful part of the book in my opinion. I would highly recommend this for anyone who is or isn't a musical fan.

To Felicia (if you read this): Thanks for writing this and making me, my mom and my aunt laugh. I know I will never forget your run in San Francisco...partly because I was 3,000 miles away but yet brought you all sorts of luck in whenever I saw the show over my way, you went on as Elphaba...your good luck charm. ;) Plus you made your debut 2 days after my birthday. ;) I hope I am lucky enough to see you in the role one day and hope too that you continue to write. Would buy anything you write, that's how amazing you are! :)

If you like to purchase the book...go to http://www.amazon.com/Unnaturally-Green-journey-yellow-traveled/dp/0615533337/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top and please follow Felicia's Blog's http://unnaturallygreen.blogspot.com/ and http://fivetrickpony.blogspot.com/. Follow her on Twitter also @FeliciaRicci! Thanks for reading!

No comments: