Friday, October 1, 2010

Bullying....It has to end



I remember last year hearing my niece was being bullied by some kids at school about who her parents voted for and also her beliefs. I was miffed by it and couldn't believe kids are still as cruel as ever today for one little thing wrong. But now kids are taking it to extreme...


3 teenagers who were openly gay have commited suicide recently because of the tormenting. Its so sad to think that it was that bad they chose to end their life and you can only imagine how bad it was for them to choose suicide. Another bullying story was about a boy in Ohio cheerleading and bully's at school broke his arm over his choice! Hats off to the mother for pressing charges against those who broke this little boy's arm.


In 4th grade; I rode a bus with a girl and also was in the same class with her also, who bullied and teased me the entire year. It was over my front teeth being crooked and my hair color. Two things I couldn't control and daily I remember her asking me when I was getting braces. Oddly enough, that year was when I first went to an orthodontist and didn't get braces until 2 years later. But I have never forgotten what she did and never have forgiven her either, doubt I ever will.


I am thankful for how my parents raised me and never judging some one for the color of their skin, their beliefs, their sexuality...etc. I am not saying its the parents fault that their kids bully, but something isn't right. Bullying played a part in Dylan Klebold and Eric Haris going on a shooting spree that left 13 people dead.


It needs to stop before another family suffers a tragedy....period amen.

No comments: